Introduction of Module
This module will use self-directed learning by providing a PowerPoint presentation followed by a series of useful websites with information directly pertaining to success in creating and presenting business cards. The information shared in this module is specifically geared toward providing students with the knowledge of networking using business cards. Participants will finish the module with a brief quiz reviewing key points presented in the websites.
- Students will be able to identify the importance of business cards
- Students will be able to explain how having business cards can help them build their potential to be hired.
- Students will be to describe how to create business cards.
- Students will be able to navigate when and where to present business cards.
Pre-module reflection questions
- In a technology world, do you think business cards are needed? Why or why not?
- Describe why it might be important to have a personal business card, when you’re not employed for a company?
This module began with questions to reflect upon about why business cards are useful in today’s technological society. A PowerPoint lecture explored the importance of business cards, the important information to include on a business card, where to create a business card, mistakes to avoid, and where and how to present your business card. This module is useful for students when they need to market themselves to network with others and get a job.
Post-Module Reflection Question
- On a piece of paper, draw out what your business card might look like, what contact information would you include?