Introduction of Module
The Dressing for Success module explores key concepts in appropriate attire and accessories in networking and interviewing for jobs.
- Students will understand the importance of proper dress when interviewing/networking for a position
- Students will understand that dressing properly extends to accessories, makeup, and cologne/perfume
- Students will understand the “Posture for Success” and how non-verbal cues can impact a job interview and/or networking event.
Pre-module reflection questions
1. What kind of attire do you feel would be best to wear during the job interview and/or search process?
2. Do you feel that choosing what to wear depends on the type of interview you are attending?
By exploring key areas of attire, accessories, and self-presentation in the networking and professional realm, we have a better understanding of how these elements are critical to employment attainment and success. Because we are evaluated within moments of entering a shared space, this information is crucial to professional activities and proper dress applies to all walks of life.
Post-Module Reflection Question
1. What are your 3 takeaways from the lesson?
2. How you will implement these into your own dress for success toolkit?